Instead of whining about how I’m still sick or how about how hot it is in the Northeast right now, I’ve instead decided to take a break from our regularly-scheduled food blogging activities to pause for a moment and share with you some things that never fail to perk me up. Focus on the positive, I always try to remind myself when life is getting me down.
Without further ado, here are ten amazingly positive things that make life wonderful:
1. Endless horizons on the Western frontier
2. The distinct crinkling of the Aspen leaves as the warm, chinook winds rush through them in the summertime
3. Gazing down into the eyes of an oh-so-adorable family feline named Horace
4. The crunch of freshly fallen snow as I walk and play upon it
5. The sound emanating from the piano as my fingers play the first trill and rising glissando of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue
6. Carving fresh ski tracks as I fly down a mountainside. As I bask and delight in the fresh wind racing by my face, the might evergreens shading my path, the animal tracks dotting the side of the trail, the twinkle of the snow in my eyes.
7. Taking a stroll under the bluest of blue skies
8. Gazing out at imagery so foreign and surreal it transports me to another world
9. The neon colors and dark shadows of the sky at dusk
10. Taking the time to pause for a moment and notice the beauty of a butterfly as it basks in the summer sun.
These are just a few of many many things that make me smile. I will share more in the future. For now, I will keep smiling. Keep appreciating the little things in life. Keep on keeping on.