After an extended absence over the weekend, I am finally back and in blogging action! Kinda…
Things I may or may not have done this weekend included:
- An oatmeal photoshoot. It’s been far too long since I’ve captured the beauty of this breakfast for the camera. Work it, oatmeal.
Coach’s Oats, milk, blueberries, 1/2 banana whipped, flaxseed, Barney Butter, and granola.
Beautiful….just beautiful. It practically bring tears to my eyes…and if my tastebuds could weep, they would have as well. Oatmeal just does that to me (…just when I thought I couldn’t get any stranger, I write out the previous sentence and mean it…). Tell me I’m not the only one who harbors such affection for the oaty goodness!
The Oatmeal Mullet: Spoon in the front, party in the back.
Where the focus should always be…
- A visit to Boulder for apartment hunting and general exploring. I have officially decided that I am moving to a land of crazy hippies, and it will be glorious.
My future roommates and I took a stroll along the Pearl Street Mall, a large outdoor pedestrian center filled with cute boutiques….
….and crazy hippy street performers. This guy was juggling flaming batons on a 10 foot unicycle.
Pretty impressive, if you ask me.
- Signed a lease for a beautiful townhouse in the north Boulder area. It was SUCH a relief to have an official place to live next month when I start work up in Boulder. It doesn’t hurt that the townhouse has sick mountain views.
I will be waking up to this view every morning.
Not too shabby, if I do say so. I heart Colorado….
- Ran six miles with the sister this morning and enjoyed a big plate of Japanese Pan Udon noodles with tofu from Noodles & Company afterward (which unfortunately went unphotographed). Noodles & Co. always knows the way to my heart…and stomach.
- Made Matt’s Gorgonzola and Caramelized Onion Burgers for dinner tonight and practically drooled all over the plate in delirious ecstasy. These burgers are AMAZING, especially if you use organic, grass-fed beef. The flavor combination is just perfect! My whole family loved them….
My photo doesn’t do it justice, but know that these burgers might change your life.
Props, Matt. Major props. Great recipe!
And with that, my friends, I may or may not be heading to bed.
Question: What did you do (or not do) over the weekend?