- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup milk of choice, 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 t garlic powder
- pinch salt
- 1T butter
- 2 cups lima beans (or beans of choice)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- To start, mix brown rice, milk, water, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic powder until fully dissolved in the liquid.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Once a boil has been achieved, reduce heat to a simmer, cover with lid, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
- Mix in butter, and top each serving with 1/2 cup lima beans.
- Garish with red pepper flakes, if desired.